Sunday, May 19, 2013

On the Table

A few weeks ago, BF, D and I went on a little road trip to Boutilier's Point, about half an hour outside the city.  Our purpose was to visit Rural Roots Cottage & Country Living, an antiques and decor shop on St. Margaret's Bay Road.  The reason we wanted to visit said shop was because I had spotted an ad online, before Christmas, for harvest tables.  I've dreamt of having a big, huge dining room table for as long as I can remember - I LOVE having people over for supper, and sitting around getting full, and drinking wine, having awesome conversations, playing games - it's one of my very favourite things in life.

Well, when we got to the shop, we walked in and immediately saw a finished table they had.  One of the owners, Glenn, is retired and custom makes them kinda for fun.  He's a genius.  We fell in love and ordered our own right then and there.  We put down a deposit, arranged for them to deliver it when it was done (about a month, they said) and blissfully drove back to the city.

Well yesterday we got the call - our table was ready!  It would be dropped off that very evening.  Despite my slightly flu-ish condition, I was so excited I could hardly stand it.  They'd barely pulled up to the house (at exactly the time they promised) when I was out the door to meet them, jumping up and down like a little kid on Christmas morning.  Here it is!


It's 6' X 3'; enough room for eight people right now, and a couple more if we decide to get a bench later on.  It's solid as a boulder and absolutely gorgeous.  It feels like it's already got a soul and love stories inside it's pine-y goodness.  BF and I decided we'd split on it as an early wedding present to each other.

Last night we sat around and had supper and then spent pretty much the whole night sitting there, enjoying the new addition to our home, imagining all the amazing things that will happen around it in the future, and looking forward to it all with all our hearts.  It's our new favourite thing in the world!

Hope you're having a nice long weekend, loves!  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment