Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Garlic Babies: Take 2

Some of you may remember earlier this year when I planted, grew and then subsequently killed (accidently!!) some garlic I'd been trying to grow.  The whole experiment lasted for about two months and was kinda fun while it lasted, watching the plants get bigger and hoping for the best.  

Well, here we go again.

Two weeks ago, I planted four cloves in a pot that I decided to keep outside, in our yard.


Tis the season, after all, for getting your gardening skills sharpened, and though it has been a rather cold, wet, gloomy spring here in Halifax, I thought I'd keep the garlic outside so it could get the most sun and rain it could get since there are spaces in our yard that are sunny pretty much from sunrise till sunset.  Well, looks like I made the right decision. 


Here they are today, about seven inches tall, and much stronger looking than the first batch.  You may notice there are only three sprouts - I suspect one of our bird friends thought garlic was on the menu one day and plucked the other clove out for a quick nosh.  

I've heard and found online, differing opinions as to how long garlic takes to grow from a clove, ranging from a few months to a year, so at this point I have absolutely no idea what to expect.  I guess we'll just have to be patient.  Stay tuned friends, you know you want to! ;)

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment