Saturday, April 13, 2013

Neighbirdhood Eatery

(See what I did there?)

So far the little birdseed fountain thing has been just a minor success.  I think, like all new eateries, the word just has to get out and it'll be booming in no time.  The other day we had a busy day.  

First there was just this guy.  He swooped by a few times and then landed and ate a lot of sunflower seeds.  


Then he must have told some of his pals because suddenly a big group arrived.


And everyone else had to wait in the . . . wings.


I guess I'm going to have to brush up on my bird watching skills because I have no idea what kinds any of these are.  I think the one on top is some kind of crow, and I've seen lots of blue jays (those buggers are way too skittish to stay still long for pictures, but I am determined to get 'em someday) but the rest are a mystery to me.  It's kind of neat seeing all these feathered friends who never ventured as far downtown as we'd been for years.  Sometimes I feel like we're practically rural, haha!

Till next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment