Saturday, March 2, 2013

That's So Socks-y: An Update

Who doesn't love mail that's not bills or ads?  A package from Amazon or a letter from a friend or, say, a Reddit secret gift exchange arriving!  Well by Jove, that's what I found in the mail when I checked yesterday.

I mentioned a while back that I was taking part in the Reddit socks exchange and book exchange.  These are the socks that I sent to my Ontario-dwelling exchange recipient:


As soon as I caught sight of the Matryoshka Doll ones I knew those were winners (got a pair for myself too) and my sock-ee mentioned in her profile that she works at a shoe store and often wears socks with heels, so I thought the little ankle socks would be adorable.

I sent the package off and that same day received mine in the mail!  These are the ones some random stranger sent to me:


Yippee!  I am a big fan of knee socks - I wear a lot of boots and knee socks are the best in boots.  I especially like the middle ones; I've always loved that sort of old-fashioned mountaineering pattern.  

Thanks for the socks Jojo from BC, and thanks for the funny note with the drawing of a narwhal with a sock on his horn too, totally cute.

Hope you're all having a great weekend, friends!  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment