Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hibernation and Happy Birthday!

Today was a very weird day.  I was awaken by the furnace guy coming to give our furnace a check up to make sure it won't conk out on us some winter's night - things seem fine.  I decided after he left that the right thing to do would be to curl up on the couch and watch a couple episodes of Sex and the City before getting down to business and doing some more unpacking and cleaning and so on.  

Six hours later. . . . . . .yep, that's right, like a hung-over 16 year old boy, I slept the day completely away!  I woke up at about supper time, a time I do not believe I have EVER woken up at in my entire life, and in such a state of confusion I thought I'd lost my mind.  What?  4:50???  Why is it bright out?  Have I missed work? Where is BF?  What's going on?  Where am I?  WHO am I?  

It took me a good ten minutes to realize that things were ok and that I'd just fallen into a bit of a daytime coma.  Soon after, BF called on his way home from work to remind me that it was our friend, and legendary local bluesman, Joe Murphy's birthday today and there was a surprise party for him at Freeman's in Fairview.  

SURPRISE!!!!!

We got there late, but, in typical rock star fashion, Joe got there later so we still got to be part of the surprise.  His friends and band warmed up the room for him.


I don't know if you guys are familiar with Joe or not, but you should be.  He's an amazing harmonica player and one of the most fun blues shows you'll see. Check him out!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment