Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Tragically Hip

I'm not even going to try to think of a clever name for this post.  Last night, friends, we went to see the Hip!  :D


It's the fourth time I've seen them, and though it's been years, man, they never disappoint.


Here they are with a few thousand of their closest friends.


Gord, telling us how it is.


The rest are a bit blurry, but I feel like you can still almost sense the energy in the room.


I noticed, when the show was over and I was checking through my photos, that many of them focussed on Gord Downie.  



That is most certainly not to say that the rest of the band weren't their usual amazing selves too (and man, as my brother D pointed out, those guys NEVER age!) but Gord just has this amazing stage presence that you can't simply look away from. 


He gets SOOOO into each and every song, it's like he's telling the stories with every cell in his being, just getting down in his famous spasmodically groovy way. . . . . 


. . . . . and belting them out like his head would explode if he didn't.



It was a thrill to be able to see them again.  And hey, look at the manners!


Thank YOU, Tragically Hip!

So, not gonna claim I'm a rock photographer.  Sure, I could have changed my setting and used a flash for better pics, but what evs, I chose good concert etiquette instead, and to not blind my neighbours - you are welcome D and BF, and crotchety anti-dance man! Plus the Hip are such a GREAT, fun, really extraordinary band that I just couldn't justify spending a bunch of time taking photos when there was so much rocking to do. 

Hope your weekend is going great!  Till next time










No comments:

Post a Comment