Friday, February 22, 2013

Spoiled!

Yes, spoiled - that's what I am.  I walked in the door this afternoon, after a somewhat trying day at the job, and the first thing I saw was this:


BF and I spotted this chair outside an antiques shop on Creighton a week or so ago and intended to go back for it after our errands.   Of course one thing led to another and days went by and we still weren't able to pick it up, which made me somewhat nervous because, you see, I had fallen in love and I'd have been awful sad if someone else had too.  That's why, when it showed up in our hallway today, I was reminded of how I have the best BF in the world.  :)

Though the leather is pretty icky in places, and the seat needs some better padding, I immediately saw the potential.  I mean look:


Beautiful, right?

And:


The thing has great bones, as they say, and I have been dying to try my hand at a re-upholstering project, so right away my mind went to a gorgeous Ikat print fabric I had seen at Fabricville.  My darling friend J had emailed me a 50% off coupon just a couple days before, so BF printed it off and we went and grabbed some.  Upholstery fabric is expensive, yo!


Ack, so great!

I can not WAIT to move and have the space to start doing projects like this and I have so many ideas that I can't wait to try!  Our house is going to be a marvelous DIY bonanza!  

Anyhoo, on another topic entirely, I'd like to take the opportunity to wish one of my very best friends in the world a wonderful birthday.  Happy Birthday T, I love you!  See you soon!  

Till next time folks!

1 comment: