Friday, February 8, 2013

Garlic Babies Update

I know you guys have been waiting with breath bated for this.  I can just picture you all sitting by your computers, clicking the refresh button with fingers crossed.  Well never fear loyal comrades, the time has come.  

I have trimmed the garlic.  Yeah.  That's it.  Sorry, that's all I got.  

This is what the sprouts looked like before:


They were both about nine inches high and stopped growing at all.  I read that once they get used to the pot they are in and stop growing, you should trim the sprouts down and let the plant put all it's energy into the bulbs.  

This is what they look like now:


They're about two inches now.  

So apparently it can take four to six months for the bulbs to grow to a harvest-worthy size.  Too bad I'm an immediate gratification kinda gal.  

But what evs!  With all the craziness about to ensue in the next couple of months we'll be so busy that before you know it there will be garlic all over the place!  Or at least two little bulbs in that one pot. :)

Till next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment